article-2697102-1FBFD9A400000578-806_634x464

Allergies :Toddler allergic to tomatoes nearly died after sticking his finger in another child’s ketchup

 

  • Ruben Curie, two, swelled up so badly he could no longer breathe properly
  • His family from Rhondda in Wales feared he would die after touching sauce
  • Rushed to hospital and treated with dose of steroids and antihistamines
  • Reaction settled after 20 minutes but didn’t look himself until next morning
  • Parents won’t take him to McDonalds because ‘there is ketchup everywhere’

A little boy with a severe allergy to tomatoes was rushed to hospital after ketchup nearly killed him.

Ruben Curie, two, from Rhondda in Wales, went into anaphylactic shock after he stuck his finger in one of his sibling’s dinner.

His parents Kasie and Wayne Curie say they will never take him to McDonalds after fearing he would die during the reaction.

The moment little Ruben, two, was rushed to hospital by ambulance after touching the tomato ketchup

The moment little Ruben, two, was rushed to hospital by ambulance after touching the tomato ketchup

Kasie Curie, 24, feared son Ruben, two, would die after he swelled up so much he could hardly breathe

Kasie Curie, 24, feared son Ruben, two, would die after he swelled up so much he could hardly breathe

The toddler was just a year old when his face and tongue swelled so badly he could no longer breathe properly.

Mrs Curie, 24, said: ‘When I saw his face was so swollen I honestly thought he was going to die.’

It was in September 2013 when she served her other children dinner with tomato ketchup that Ruben touched the sauce and got a small bit on the end of his finger.

 

Leave a Reply

Name *
Email *
Website